Time to break out all things pumpkin, am I right?! I veganized this recipe and made some baked pumpkin donuts to make it feel more like fall around here.
4 tbsp. almond milk
1/2 tsp. apple cidervinegar
6 tbsp. earth balance, melted
2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
heaping 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg, fresh
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
4 tbsp. maple syrup
Egg replacer equal to 2 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 c. powdered sugar, plus more
1/4c. almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small cup, stir together almond milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to curdle. Melt earth balance and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Into the cooled butter, whisk in pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, egg replacer, vanilla extract, and curdled almond milk until evenly combined.
- Whisk together wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Over-mixing will create a dense donut.
- Spray donut pan. Add batter to a piping bag and pipe evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool 1 minute before turning pan over to remove donuts onto a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, make glaze. In a flat-bottomed bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, and almond milk, until smooth. Once donuts have cooled completely, about 15 minutes, dunk in glaze rocking the donut around the bowl to evenly coat. Place on cooling rack. With the remaining glaze, stir in about a tablespoon or so more of powdered sugar to thicken. Spoon extras around the top of each donut.