182. carrot cleanser juice.

I finally broke down and bought a juicer. It arrived yesterday, but the hubs and I were toddler free, so we had an ever-so-rare date night. I’m off to shoot a wedding this afternoon, but before I leave I wanted to test it out. My mother in law bought me this book a few months ago, so I basically opened it up and made one of the first juices I came across, the carrot cleanse. I made it according to the recipe, I just didnt add a beet, b/c I didn’t have one. It was pretty darn tasty! I think if I start juicing I definitely need to start composting, and I need to figure out what to do with all this pulp! The juicer worked great, and was super easy to clean. Can’t wait to make some more!

The juice was:
3 sticks celery
1 big piece of kale
3 carrots
1 apple
1 orange

 

Advertisements

181. chocobanana popsicles.

With the temperatures reaching almost 100 this week, my bananas are going ripe really fast! Also, with the high temperatures I am definitely not in the mood to bake.  Popsicles seemed the only logical solution here!

I took two over ripe bananas, 1/4 cup chocolate almond milk and 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter and mixed it together in the vitamix. I poured ino popsicle molds…and waited.

These were so so good. And pretty healthy too! We will definitely be keeping these on hand this summer.

180. enchilada pizza.

Combining two pretty amazing things – enchiladas and pizza!

Buy or make a pizza crust (this one is my favorite, go-to crust)

Top it with enchilada sauce, seitan, black beans, corn, green onions, green chilis and daiya cheese.
Bake and top with vegan sour cream, avocado and one of my guilty pleasures: taco bell packets.

179. lemon arugula pasta.

The arugula in my garden is ready, so now I have it coming out of my ears. I’ve been trying to find things to make with it – and tonight, inspired by Shutterbean’s version, I made this quick and simple pasta dish.

I went to the garden and picked a bunch of arugula.
I boiled about half a package of pasta
I took about 1/2 – 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs and sauteed them in a pan. When they were brown and toasty I removed them and put them in their own bowl. I added a little bit of salt and pepper for taste. Then, in the same pan I sauteed about 4 cloves of garlic, lemon zest and juice from half a lemon. When the pasta was done boiling, I strained it, then mixed everything together, adding the arugla immediately and some salt and pepper for taste. Put into individual bowls, top with more arugula if you’d like, and top with some extra lemon juice.

It was delicious and perfect for a hot summer day like today. Then, we headed off to the pool!

177. typography walk.

I took a walk at lunch today to avoid having to go to the gym, and photographed type around the city.  Hope to do this again!

176. cookie butter waffles

These were the waffles I intended to make last week, but was out of cookie butter. I used this recipe; I didn’t modify it at all. These turned out good, but I think I’ll add more cookie butter next time.

175. martha and alex.

Today I spent my day at Heritage Prarie Farm photographing Martha and Alex’s wedding. Everything about today was absolutely perfect. The weather was lovely. The food was absolutely amazing. I think they told me about 85 percent of it was grown on the farm and picked the night before. It was so fresh and delicious. These are some of my favorite kinds of wedding to shoot – can’t wait to get through the photographs! More to come soon on my other blog.

174. clothespin catterpillars.

Friday night alone with a toddler led to this fun little craft project with some random things we had laying around the house. The little guy thought it was a hoot and had a blast putting them together. We just glued some leftover pompoms to a clothespin and gave it some googley eyes.

173. silhouette.


This weekend I got two of these frames for 25 cents at a garage sale. I thought they would be perfect to take home and spraypaint and make a silhouette of milo. The original frames were brown; I spraypainted this one grey, added some colored paper behind it. I took a photo of milo, printed it out to size and traced it on top of this dark grey cardstock I had. I glued the face to the colored paper and then put a thin coat of mod podge over it. Now I need to figure out where to hang this….

(P.S. this photo shows our GROSS bedroom paint colors. light pink with a purpley-grey trim. Hoping to get the bedroom painted soon, then I’ll unveil it!)