- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbsps ground flaxseed
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Sprinkle blueberries with flaxseed and set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork and combine with other crust ingredients. Mix well until a loose dough forms. Reserve ¾ cup for top.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with oil and pour/spread crust evenly. Evenly pour blueberry mixture on top.
- Drop spoonfuls of reserved crust on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
I’ve never been one to love oatmeal. I love the idea and I want to like it, it just doesn’t really do anything for me. When I saw this recipe, I thought I would give it a go – since it was baked. I was thinking maybe it would be like a cookie. Well its not quite like a cookie, but it is delicious and I ate it every day for breakfast for two weeks. I’ve been making it on sunday night and storing it for the rest of the week. I serve it with some fresh blueberries and sometimes bananas; sometimes I add a little more almond milk too. Keeps me satisfied until lunch time and I love all the different textures. Here’s my take on the recipe:
2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
2 Tbsp dried currants or raisins
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
original recipe/instructions are found here