Just another granola recipe I sort of improvised and want to remember – This is great on yogurt with some berries and agave!
2 cups coconut flakes
2 cups oats
1/2 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1 1/2 tspn cinnamon
1/2 tspn salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 T nut butter
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Mix together all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
In another bowl, mix together the melted oil, maple syrup and nut butter.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and mix until everything is well coated.
Spread out on baking sheet and bake 15 min. Remove and stir and bake 10 min more. Let cool and store in airtight jar.
This granola comes together in no time and is absolutely delicious. Its low in oil and no processed sugar and when served with some almond milk gives you delicious chocolate cereal milk. Will be FOR SURE Keeping this rotation!
2 cup rolled oats
2 cup crispy brown rice cereal or Kashi 7 grain puffs
1 cup steel cut oats
1/2 cup cocoa powder
½ cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the rolled oats, steel cut oats, rice cereal, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix to evenly coat.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Spread onto a baking sheet; spread out evenly on pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375F.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before breaking apart for the most clusters.
- Transfer to an airtight jar. It will keep for 1-2 weeks.original recipe found here