crochet scrappy hat.

IMG_4303

hatThis is a pretty easy hat to make for a kiddo – using scrap yarn. You can use any combination of colors – I used a 6mm hook and red heart yarn.

I followed this pattern, only my hat came out more rounded, than triangular. ( I think i missed the chain twos at the end when i was going around…ooops!), but in the end I came up with something that still works, and used up some of scrap yarn while at it!

I started with making the band first, using a ribbing stitch until it was 18 inches long.

IMG_4300Then I crocheted half double crochets all around, switching colors after each row, until it was time to decrease.
IMG_4302I decreased my stitches, as the pattern told me to until I got to the point that my hat was too tight to flip in and out and I made a big pom pom to put at the top.

Advertisements

granny stripe baby blanket.

IMG_0770 IMG_0772IMG_0771
I made another granny stripe blanket. This time in baby size. One of dj’s friends is having a baby girl in august, so I hope they like this!

I used the same pattern I used last time, just reducing the number of stitches I started with (maybe by half?). I used Vanna’s choice yarn, and only needed one skein of each color, using size a size 5.5 hook.

 

milo’s blanket!

blanket blanket2

Well, one of the benefits of being so sick this week, is I had some extra time to work on this blanket I started for milo a few weeks ago. After he saw me making the baby blanket, he decided he needed to have one his size. He wanted it EXACTLY like that blanket, but I couldn’t stomach making the exact same thing again, so I changed it up a bit. I used “Loops and threads” Charisma yarn, which is also a bulky yarn and my N crochet hook. I started with 72 chains, and double crocheted until the end. I used five skeins of the grey yarn. I changed the stripes too – he insited on green stripes, but I was able to convince him to let throw in the blue stripe as well.  I feel like this yarn has more give than the previous yarn which is nice, but on the other hand, it looks alot cheaper, and seems like it will shed a bit. Its all acrylic and its nice and soft.

I don’t know what it is with this blanket, but i had to redo it three times, which is part of what took me so long. On one it kept getting narrower, and the other it kept getting wider. Third times the charm I guess because I got this one to work out. Its not perfect, but it works for milo! He is thrilled with it, so i guess thats all that matters. And since Milo is recovering from being sick, I finished it in perfect time for him to snuggle with it all day! Now I can spend some time on the granny stripe blanket.

crocheted baby blanket.

blanket1 blanket2

I finished this blanket over the christmas holiday break, but am just getting around to posting it now because I finally sewed the strands in. This was incredibly easy and because I used a fat hook and bulky yarn, it went really quick. I used about 6 skeins of yarn I believe. I started with 65 chains and single crocheted all the way through. Even though I have crocheted other projects before, I have never crocheted in a straight line very successfully. I made myself figure it out (i know its not hard, but i had to figure it out on my own). I definitely want to take another stab at this and make one a little bigger for milo because he has been asking for one after seeing me make this one. And this one is far from perfect, but its complete and it will hopefully make a nice gift.

and I can’t say this enough….Crocheting is SO much easier than knitting! This would have taken me months to complete if I was knitting. Go crochet go!

302. striped infinity scarf

This one turned out better than my last I think. It’s not as bulky, and I’m loving the stripes. I will definitely be keeping this one for me 🙂

171. tank dress.


This has been on my to-do list for quite some time, and I’m pleased to have finished it! I went thrifting this weekend and found this sheet for $1.99 and a tank for 99 cents. I mainly used this tutorial, but kind of skimmed through multiple versions and using my own knowledge made it work. I used the hem that was already on the sheets, so that was one step I was able to skip. Though its not perfect, I definitely learned alot and am pretty pleased with the results.

80. pinwheels.


I found a tutorial here to make little paper pinwheels. These were suprisingly simple! I just glued them to straws and glued a button in the middle of them. I will definitely keep them handy for some cupcake-worthy occasion in the future.