I made a blend of some nuts/seeds to add as a booster to my smoothies. I sometimes drink smoothies as a meal, so always looking for the most nutritious things to put in there! I blended these in a vitamix and store them in the fridge and add a tablespoon or so to my smoothies for some added boost of nutrients!
1.5 T sunflower seeds
1.5 T pumpkin seeds or pepitas
1.5 T hemp seeds
3 T raw almonds
Blend together in a vitamix or spice/coffee grinder
When done add in
1 T ground flax seed
and mix together and store in airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Wow. These muffins are some of the best I have ever made.
They are super easy to customize to your liking – you and mix and match all kinds of ways. And without any added refined sugar, they are pretty healthy too!
I found the recipe here.
Here’s what I used:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup or agave if you don’t eat honey)
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded coconut, then add your mixins (pecans, chocolate chips, etc)
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, mashed banana, honey, egg replacer and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into your prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut. To
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries or cranberries
Sky is the limit!
Just taking note of a great breakfast shake!
Put in the vitamix (or powerful blender)
6 raw almonds
1 frozen banana1 cup almond milk
3 T oatmeal
dash of cinnamon
I think its about that time where we start to put pumpkin in everything…
This morning it was our smoothie!
1 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 T flax (optional)
1/2 tspn pumpkin pie spice
1 T your favorite protien powder
cinnamon for sprinkling on top
Blend it and enjoy.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tags: autumn, breakfast, breakfast shake, fall, homeade, orange, protein, pumpkin, pumpkin pie, smoothie, vegan, vegetarian
Leave a comment
Another busy day!
Needed time to fuel with a smoothie.
Almond milk, frozen strawberries, frozen peaches and banana.
Added some hemp seeds, flax and protein powder.