One thing that seems to do well in my garden is tomatoes. And this year, like year’s past, I got alot of them. In the past, I’ve roasted them, made sauce in the crockpot, and even added them to salsa. This time I made a skillet pasta sauce and it turned out really delicious!
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Dried pasta noodles
1 tspn olive oil
1 small onion, diced
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 Tablespoons nutrtional yeast
2-3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
3-4 handfuls spinach
3/4 cup packed fresh basil, finely chopped
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Place cashews and almond milk in vitamix and mix until smooth. If you dont have a vitamix, you will probalby need to cover your cashews with water and soak for a few hours; drain them and then put in blender with almond milk. set aside.
2. Prepare your pasta. While that is happening heat a wok with 1 tspn oil.
3. Add onion and garlic to wok, saute about 5-10 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue to cook for about 10 minutes or so. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
4. Stir in the cashew cream, nutritional yeast, basil tomato paste, salt and pepper and cook for about 5-10 more minutes.
5. Add drained, cooked pasta to the wok and stir to combine the pasta with the sauce. Cook for a few more minutes, or until heated through. Season with more salt and pepper and add more basil if desired.