I’m always jealous when everyone posts all these amazing recipes with nutella to pinterest. I tried to buy some vegan nutella in Paris, two years ago, and they confiscated it because I don’t check my bag and it was larger than 4 oz. But when I made my almond-tella a few weeks ago, I was going to save it to make one of those recipes.
So I took this recipe for banana nutella bread, and made it my own!
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup earth balance
1/2 cup sugarEgg replacer for 2 eggs
2 large ripe bananas
1 tspn. vanilla
1/3 cup almond milk
3/4 cup almond-tella (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and earth balance with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add egg replacer, beat well. Add banana, almond milk and vanilla. Beat until blended. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (don’t over mix).
- Spoon almond-tella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the almond-tella and stir until blended well.
- Spoon almond-tella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.