Making these shortbread cookies was all milo’s idea. And he was a great helper,
They only use a few ingredients. You could use red food coloring and make them red, for an even more festive treat.
1 ½ cups earth balance
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- With a flat beater, cream earth balance until light and smooth.
- Add granulated sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and salt and beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour and beat until fully incorporated.
- Roll the cookie dough out. I was having a hard time with a rolling pin, so I just grabbed it in chunks and flattened it with my hands. This seemed to work much better. Cut out shape and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes.