Valentines day is a week away! But we got a head start on making these valentines for Milo’s class. I found a template online here; but being the design-nerd I used that as my starting point and created my own. I just cut out the jedi guy and pasted into my own template in Illustrator, then used this font to type out the message. I put four on a 8.x5x11 page, print and cut them out. We found the glowsticks at target in the dollar section. I cut a hole with my x-acto blade to accomodate for the glow stick and use a piece of washi tape on the backside to hold it down. We put these in a little gift bag (also from the dollar section at target) with some fruit snacks and now Milo has a sweet little, homeade valentine to give to all his friends!
Tag Archives: jedi
After a little hiatus from crafting – We finally had time to make a project! Milo and I made a chewbacca birdhouse. Save that almond milk container and make one yourself!
You will need:
Empty Juice or Milk container (we used an almond milk container)
Brown, White and Black Paint
Foam Paintbrush (for painting all over) and small paintbrush (for details)
Hot Glue Gun
1. Clean out your juice container and cut out a large opening in front. Paint the inside of your birdhouse and the cap (nose) black.
2. I found my popsicle sticks were too long, so I had to snap the ends of just about all of them to get them to fit. In the smaller areas you will need to snap them in half or so.
3. Glue them to the carton using hot glue. Be careful if you have little hands helping! Milo doesnt go near the glue gun because hes scared of getting burned (as he should be!)
4. Paint your birdhouse brown. THIS was a great step for little hands.
5. When its all dry, paint the black and white details.
6. Affix the eyes with hot glue, screw the cap on, and you are good to go!