I found this recipe on pinterest forever ago, and i knew one of these days I was going to get around to making it. I made it this year for halloween, and Im happy to report, these were a hit! Not only do they look great – they taste really great too! They taste like cake batter, they were very soft and kind of cakelike and super fun to make and to eat. The kids loved to eat the candy eyeball in the center!
I found the original recipe here.
I had to do some searching to find a vegan yellow or white cake mix, but I was able to find one. Just check the ingredeints – its out there!
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix Box
- ½ cup earth balance, softened
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 8 oz. containter vegan cream cheese softened
- 1 vegan egg replacer
- green food coloring
- powdered sugar
- candy eyeballs
- Beat earth balance vanilla, egg replacer and vegan cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in cake mix. Add green food coloring until it’s the color you want. I used neon green. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. While warm push eye balls into the center or all over the cookie. ENJOY!