Oh, this recipe had me at peanut butter. And it only had a few ingredients, all of which I had on hand AND came together quickly. SOLD. This granola tastes like a deconstructed granola bar. I added chocolate chips, unsalted peanuts and toasted coconut chips. I think banana chips would be so good too! This makes a terrific (watch out, im addicted) snack. I can’t get enough of it!
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup creamy natural salted peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup toasted coconut chips
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats and sugar.
- Warm peanut butter, oil, and maple syrup or agave in a small skillet or saucepan until thoroughly combined and pourable.
- Pour over oats and quickly toss/stir to combine.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until evenly golden brown. Watch closely as it tends to brown quickly near the end. IMPORTANT: Toss once around the 15-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Remove from oven, toss gently to release heat and let cool completely on the pan.
- Transfer to mixing bowl or storage container and add chocolate chips, coconut and peanuts (banana chips too maybe?!) and stir or shake.