It’s about that time of year where we have more zucchini’s than we know what to do with! I had a rouge banana laying around as well, so I figured it was time to make shutterbean’s banana zucchini and flaxseed muffins! These were pretty easy to veganize, are packed with healthy zucchini and don’t use any oil?! They turned out great! Milo is going to love them!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar (I reduced this a tad – they aren’t overly sweet, so do it based on how you like your muffins)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- 1/3 cup mashed banana (from 1 large banana)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tspn egg replacer, mixed with 2 T warm water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F Lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Add zucchini and banana and stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk, egg replacer and vanilla. Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined (do not over mix)
Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, Let muffins cool completely in a pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes. Store in an air- tight container, up to 3 days.