I finished my second quilt! Again, this one was made with scraps on hand. And it was really fun to make. This one sewed up ALOT quicker b/c 1.) it was baby sized and 2.) the rectangles are all different sizes, some of them long. I really want to make more of this one! I loved how it turned out and I think it would be nuetral enough for a boy or a girl. I would definitely like to try making one like this a little bit bigger too.
Im happy to report that NO needles were broken in the making of this quilt. This time around, things went MUCH smoother, so that means i learned alot from my last quilt.
However, i definitely could use some more help in the binding area. I made my binding 3 inches this time and that helped significantly, but i dont understand when machine binding, how you are able to sew into the ditch on one side and capture the binding neatly in the back. I have to sew the back and then my binding is all over the place on the front. Thank goodness for transparent thread, but i would definitely like to figure the trick to this….Theres no way im handsewing this binding on! There has to be a way!
This is the pattern I used to make this quilt. It was so easy to follow – so now i just have to figure out how to make it larger! would love to make this adult sized!