Im always looking for something gluten free to make for friends who avoid gluten, but i don’t always have the ingredients on hand. But I always have almonds, and for these cookies, you just have to blend some almonds in the vitamix, and you are well on your way. I used coconut palm sugar in replacement of the brown sugar, and halved the amount and these were sweet enough for me. I also used grain-sweetened chocolate chips, to keep the sugar down as much as I can. These will make a good little snack when I get a sweet craving in my day – and overall they are pretty healthy for you, and gluten free, and contain no refined sugars!
you can find the recipe and instructions here.
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips ( I used grain sweetened, linked above)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (I used half this amount and used coconut palm sugar)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (the brine/liquid in a can of chickpeas); if not vegan, use one egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract