Shutterbean recipes never disappoint. I was excited when she posted this recipe for Thai Basil Tofu and decided to make it right away! Comes together in no time and was delicious. I added spinach and threw some peanuts in at the end.
heres what I did:
- 1 block tofu (extra firm), cubed
- 1 heaping tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 heaping tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ inch knob ginger, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped (both white & green parts)
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- lime, for serving
Cube pressed tofu, and throw in the air fryer for about 10-12 minutues.
Make the stir fry sauce, combine tamari, water, maple syrup and cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook, and garlic and ginger and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Add in the stir fry sauce and ground pepper. Cook for about a minute, then add in the red peppers, scallions, spinach and basil and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until peppers have slightly softened. Serve over rice, and top with crushed peanuts and lime.