- Ricotta Mixture:
- 1 package tofu, water pressed out
- 1/4 cup vegan parmasan cheese (recipe below) or nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepperWhite Sauce:
- 2 Tbl vegan Margarine, such as Earth Balance
- 3 C Almond Milk
- 2 Tbl vegan Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ C All-Purpose FlourFilling:
- 1 Tbl Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 C Butternut Squash (or Kabocha Squash) – I mixed the two
- 1 C fresh Spinach
- whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tspn sea salt
- 3/4 tspn garlic powderAdd ingredients to high speed blender and puree until fine like parm cheese
- dice your butternut squash – Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and Roast 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. when its done and cooled, whip with electric beaters to get this nice and fluffy. season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add 2 Tbl of margarine until melted and whisk in the flour. Add the almond milk all at once, whisking until smooth. Add the parmesan whisk occasionally until thickened, about 15 minutes. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Make the ricotta: In a bowl, crumble the tofu and add the parm, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Boil your pasta noodles.
- Steam the spinach. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To assemble, place some of the white sauce on the bottom of an 8×8 pan and one sheet of the pasta.
- Layer with squash, tofu ricotta, spinach, white sauce and parm. repeat two more times, ending with noodles and topping with remainder of sauce and parm.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked and bubbly.