I found this post on pinterest and knew that as soon as milo saw it he was going to be ALL about making these. The fun thing was, after we figured out how to do the first one, he was able to make the second one almost all by himself. So they are really easy for kids to complete. He needed two, so that they can have a battle. He wants to make one in every color!
Heres what you need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Colored drinking straws
- Plastic pony beads
- Wooden beads for the heads
- Sharpies or markers
here are the steps, but i definitely reccomend checking out the original post for photos of how to do it!
1. Twist 3 pipe cleaners together in the middle so they are kind of like a star shape. Make sure that you do at least a couple of complete twists, or the pipe cleaners won’t stay together.
2. Slide 3 pony beads over both of the legs together.
3. Cut a drinking straw into 8 1″ segments. Slide two segments onto each arm. Slide two segments onto each leg with a pony bead in the middle of the leg segments.
4. Twist the extra pipe cleaner into hands and feet. For the hands, I made one loop for the “hand” and a smaller loop for a thumb. Then I wrapped the excess around the wrist to help keep the straws from sliding off. For the feet, I just made one loop and then wrapped the excess around the ankle.
Step 5: Draw a face on a wooden bead and slide it over the top two pipe cleaners. Twist the two pipe cleaners a few times, cutting it off, and putting a little Tacky Glue on the pipe cleaner ends to keep them from untwisting.