I love these little guys! Since we got a real christmas tree this year, these were the perfect addition. I used martha stewart’s directions to make this little pine cone elf ornament for my tree.
heres what you need:
- Elf Template (you can find the pdf to download here)
- Pipe cleaners
- Hot-glue gun
- 3/4-inch wooden craft bead
- Thin-point sharpie
- tiny bell, bead or ball
- string1. Cut out your pattern pieces and trace onto the felt. Cut these pieces out of the felt. Make a scarf by cutting a long strip of felt as well. Set these piece aside.
2. Glue your wooden bead to your pinecone. I made mine with the wider side towards the top. Glue your hat on your wooden bead, and add the tiny bell, bead or ball you have for to the top of your hat. Draw a face on your bead with the sharpie.
3. Cut your pipe cleaners to be about 4-5 inches in length. Hot glue them onto your pinecone. Affix the mittens and shoes to the pipecleaners.
4. Glue some string to the back of your ornament if you wish to hang it.