fabric, 2 pieces cut 10×10 inches, and a little more for the strap
1. Cut two fabric square pieces 10 inches by 10 inches.
2. Cut two or three batting pieces depending on their thickness , 10 inches by 10 inches.
3. Cut one strap 10 inches by 2 1/2 inches.
4. Lay your strap flat, right side down on ironing board. Fold over the edges a bit and iron flat. Fold piece in half and sew seam.
5. Attach the batting pieces to the WRONG side of one of the fabric pieces.
7. Take the strap and lay it on the RIGHT side of the fabric piece in the top left corner.
8. Now lay the other piece of fabric on top of the fabric piece with the strap on it.
9. Pin all the layers together.
10. Sew all of the layers together with a 3/8 inch seam allowance. Leave a 2-3 inch opening on one of the sides.
11. Trim the corner edges of the potholder.
13. Pull the potholder through the gap you left unsewn. Pop out your corners of the potholder.
14. Iron the potholder flat, ironing the little gap closed.
15. Topstitch around the potholder edges with a1/4 inch seam allowance, sewing the gap shut.
15. Draw straight lines in both directions on the potholder with chalk or a pencil. Make them evenly spaced, about 2 inches apart. Stitch on the lines, quilting the potholder.