Peanut butter, chocolate and bananas are like the ultimate baking trifecta.
Here they are in muffin form. I found the original recipe here, and modified it a bit to my liking. You can probably use any oil, but I especially love the sweet coconut-y flavor that coconut oil brings to the mix.
These muffins are so good served right out of the oven with a smear of peanut butter in the middle.
1 1/4 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almond milk + 1 1/2 tspn flax meal
1 large banana, mashed
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
4-5 Tbsp peanut butter
fold in: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the banana. set aside. Combine the flax seeds and almond milk and let sit for a few minutes.
3. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add in the wet ingredients.
4. Warm the oil and peanut butter in the microwave until soft and liquid in texture. Pour into your batter and fold well. The batter should be about room temperature at this point – you don’t want it too warm or it will melt the chips.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into muffin cups.
7. Bake for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees.