These cookies take no time to make, and are free of processed sugars and junk! They DO have chocolate chips in them, but they needed something fun in them!
i found the recipe here.
Below is my adaptation.
- 1 cup pitted dates pitted
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- scant 1/4 cup dairy free semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add dates to a food processor or vitamix and pulse until small bits remain.
- Add banana and peanut butter and mix again until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the oats and the almond meal. Add the peanut butter/date/banana mixture to the almond meal and oats.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp amounts of your cookie dough and form into loose discs, then arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and somewhat firm to the touch.
- Remove and let set for a few minutes on the pan, then carefully transfer to a plate or cooling rack to cool. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for several days. Move to the fridge or freezer for longer term storage.