Wow. These muffins are some of the best I have ever made.
They are super easy to customize to your liking – you and mix and match all kinds of ways. And without any added refined sugar, they are pretty healthy too!
I found the recipe here.
Here’s what I used:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup or agave if you don’t eat honey)
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded coconut, then add your mixins (pecans, chocolate chips, etc)
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, mashed banana, honey, egg replacer and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into your prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut. To
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries or cranberries
Sky is the limit!