More zuchinni from my garden leads to more zuchinni baked goods.
I found this recipe, and changed it up a bit. They were pretty good. Great texture, especially for being oil free. Not gummy at all! They could be a little sweeter….but they are supposed to be healthy, so i guess this is ok…. The chocolate chips are a definite must!
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water) ( i used egg replacer because i was out of flax)
1 & 1/4 cup lightly packed shredded zucchini, skin left on
1 & 1/4 cup almond milk ( I used soy milk)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease muffin pan.
2. Mix flax egg in a small bowl and set aside. Grate zucchini. Set aside.
3. Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar).
5. Mix together the wet ingredients (flax egg, almond milk mixture, maple syrup, and vanilla) and then pour over dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and shredded zucchini.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin filling each tin 3/4 of the way full. Bake for about 15-17 minutes at 350F, or until muffins slowly spring back when touched. A toothpick should come out mostly clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes. With a knife, loosen around the muffin edge and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cool.