I saw a recipe for these harvest muffins and thought they would be a good nutritious treat. I took a stab at veganizing them, and they turned out pretty good. Muffins are kind of tricky – they never taste like they do in the bakeries – but i usually opt for something more nutritious anyway. These could probably be a tad sweeter, but overall they turned out alot better than expected. They have no added fat really, are packed with vegetables and fruit and have minimal sugar….Milo ate them too, and even noticed the carrots, so I guess thats a win!
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
4 1/2 tspn egg replacer powder, mixed with 6 T warm water
2 T plain soy yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk the egg replacer, sugar, almond milk, and yogurt, then fold in the zucchini, apple and carrot.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry.
- Add the flax seeds mixture together till combined. Don’t overmix.
- Divide the mixture evenly in a 12 count muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy.
- To freeze, place each muffin in an individual sandwich bag and place in the freezer – an easy grab and go breakfast!