So since I ate my way through NYC this weekend, I wanted to cook something healthy for dinner. I also wasn’t in the mood to grocery shop extensively, since I had been gone all weekend, so I decided to make these veggie burgers that have been all over pinterest the past few weeks.
I used this recipe as my base, but modified it a bit. I added quinoa and only used one can of beans because one can seemed like plenty. They are moosh-ier than your average veggie burger, but it didn’t bother us. I topped it with avocado, spinach and barbeque sauce. They make alot too. I think we ended up with about 8 large patties.
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
makes 7-8 large patties
1 can cannellini white beans, drained
2 sweet potatoes, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
3/4 cup cooked quiona
2 tsph tahini
2 tsp agave
1 1/2 tspn cajun seasoning
1/4 cup wheat flour
2 T nutritonal yeast
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup panko crumbs
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato and quinoa together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs
4. Heat some oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Drop the patty in the pan. Cook until browned on both sides.