Milo had his friend over on friday, and since easter is this weekend, I wanted to find a fun project for them to work on. I didn’t have yellow paper, so i had the boys use finger paints to paint some paper yellow. Once it dried I cut out the pieces and had them glue it to the paper. They did yellow handprints for wings, and orange handprints for feet. They drew some hair on their chicks and that was that! This kept them busy and they really had fun doing it.
Happy easter everyone!
This was a pretty easy project using felt and my sewing machine. I cut a bunch of hearts out of felt and used my sewing machine to sew them together. I think once valentines day is over Im going to put these in my craftroom because they are so cute!
Milo woke up telling me he wanted to do “a project” so I skimmed pinterest to see what we could do and he got pretty excited when I showed him this hand print owl idea. I cut all the pieces out of construction paper and let him glue them onto the big paper. He loved getting his hands all messy in the paint to do the wings. He finished by writing his name on it, and proudly displaying in on the wall in our kitchen.
Tags: art, diy, finger paint, handmade, handprint, kids, owl, owl paper, preschool craft, project, toddler art
Leave a comment
I saw this post on making your own garden stones using a cake pan. We had some leftover cement from a fence project Dj is working on – and I got some mugs and a cake pan I could junk up from the thrift store. This was pretty easy! Our cement was the fast setting kind, so this was ready in no time. I want to make a whole bunch! I have lots of other ideas – I definitely think we need one with milo’s hand print!
Tags: cement, diy, garden, garden stone, gardening, homeade, mosaic, project, recylcle, stone, thrift, upcycle
This is another project from Meet me at Mikes, ; this was my first attempt at making pants of any kind. I cut the pattern wrong the first attempt and I had a little snafoo with the elastic, but everything was really easy and well explained. The pattern looked huge, but once you get going and you get the elastic in at the top, they look pretty normal, AND pretty cute! These are supposed to fit babies 9-12 months old. I think that’s pretty accurate. I made these from a sheet I got at the thrift store, so once again, these cost me probably under a dollar to make!
Tags: Baby, craft, diy, floral, flower print, homeade, meet me at mike's, pajama pants, project, sewing, sheets, thrifted, upcycle, yoga pants
Leave a comment