I know what you are thinking….soup?! IN THE SUMMERTIME?! But rest assured, this soup is a great summertime supper. The sweetness of corn tastes just like the joys of summer. I was able to pick up the potatoes and corn at the weekly farmers market – so it was easily a spur of the moment dinner – And it didn’t take too much time to throw together, so its great for a weeknight meal. Don’t forget to serve it with some crusty bread!
Original recipe found here.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small red potatoes (or 1 small russet), quartered and peeled
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 ears corn, kernels sliced off
- 2 cups veggie broth*
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk=
- 1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast